1. An overview of data protection
Data collection on our websiteWho is responsible for the data collection on this website?The data collected on this website are processed by the website operator. The operator’s contact details can be found in the website’s required legal notice.How do we collect your data?Some data are collected when you provide it to us. This could, for example, be data you enter on a contact form.Other data are collected automatically by our IT systems when you visit the website. These data are primarily technical data such as the browser and operating system you are using or when you accessed the page. These data are collected automatically as soon as you enter our website.What do we use your data for?Part of the data is collected to ensure the proper functioning of the website. Other data can be used to analyze how visitors use the site.What rights do you have regarding your data?You always have the right to request information about your stored data, its origin, its recipients, and the purpose of its collection at no charge. You also have the right to request that it be corrected, blocked, or deleted. You can contact us at any time using the address given in the legal notice if you have further questions about the issue of privacy and data protection. You may also, of course, file a complaint with the competent regulatory authorities.
2. General information and mandatory information
Notice concerning the party responsible for this websiteThe party responsible for processing data on this website is:paragliding.community43 Aspen CloseLondon W5 4YQTelephone: +44 777 0 300 616Email: [email protected] responsible party is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data (names, email addresses, etc.).
Revocation of your consent to the processing of your dataMany data processing operations are only possible with your express consent. You may revoke your consent at any time with future effect. An informal email making this request is sufficient. The data processed before we receive your request may still be legally processed.
Right to file complaints with regulatory authoritiesIf there has been a breach of data protection legislation, the person affected may file a complaint with the competent regulatory authorities. The competent regulatory authority for matters related to data protection legislation is the data protection officer in the United Kingdom in which our company is headquartered. A list of data protection officers and their contact details can be found at the following link: https://www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.html.
Right to data portabilityYou have the right to have data which we process based on your consent or in fulfillment of a contract automatically delivered to yourself or to a third party in a standard, machine-readable format. If you require the direct transfer of data to another responsible party, this will only be done to the extent technically feasible.
SSL or TLS encryptionThis site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and for the protection of the transmission of confidential content, such as the inquiries you send to us as the site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection in your browser’s address line when it changes from “http://” to “https://” and the lock icon is displayed in your browser’s address bar.If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transfer to us cannot be read by third parties.
Encrypted payments on this websiteIf you enter into a contract which requires you to send us your payment information (e.g. account number for direct debits), we will require this data to process your payment.Payment transactions using common means of payment (Visa/MasterCard, direct debit) are only made via encrypted SSL or TLS connections. You can recognize an encrypted connection in your browser’s address line when it changes from “http://” to “https://” and the lock icon in your browser line is visible.In the case of encrypted communication, any payment details you submit to us cannot be read by third parties.
Information, blocking, deletionAs permitted by law, you have the right to be provided at any time with information free of charge about any of your personal data that is stored as well as its origin, the recipient and the purpose for which it has been processed. You also have the right to have this data corrected, blocked or deleted. You can contact us at any time using the address given in our legal notice if you have further questions on the topic of personal data.
Opposition to promotional emailsWe hereby expressly prohibit the use of contact data published in the context of website legal notice requirements with regard to sending promotional and informational materials not expressly requested. The website operator reserves the right to take specific legal action if unsolicited advertising material, such as email spam, is received.
3. Data collection on our website
Server log filesThe website provider automatically collects and stores information that your browser automatically transmits to us in “server log files”. These are:
- Browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
- IP address
Contact formShould you send us questions via the contact form, we will collect the data entered on the form, including the contact details you provide, to answer your question and any follow-up questions. We do not share this information without your permission.We will, therefore, process any data you enter onto the contact form only with your consent per Art. 6 (1)(a) DSGVO. You may revoke your consent at any time. An informal email making this request is sufficient. The data processed before we receive your request may still be legally processed.We will retain the data you provide on the contact form until you request its deletion, revoke your consent for its storage, or the purpose for its storage no longer pertains (e.g. after fulfilling your request). Any mandatory statutory provisions, especially those regarding mandatory data retention periods, remain unaffected by this provision.
Registration on this websiteYou can register on our website in order to access additional functions offered here. The input data will only be used for the purpose of using the respective site or service for which you have registered. The mandatory information requested during registration must be provided in full. Otherwise, we will reject your registration.To inform you about important changes such as those within the scope of our site or technical changes, we will use the email address specified during registration.We will process the data provided during registration only based on your consent per Art. 6 (1)(a) DSGVO. You may revoke your consent at any time with future effect. An informal email making this request is sufficient. The data processed before we receive your request may still be legally processed.We will continue to store the data collected during registration for as long as you remain registered on our website. Statutory retention periods remain unaffected.
Registration with Facebook ConnectInstead of registering directly on our website, you may also register using Facebook Connect. This service is provided by Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland.If you decide to register with Facebook Connect and click on the “Login with Facebook” or “Connect with Facebook” buttons, you will be automatically redirected to the Facebook platform. There you can log in with your Facebook username and password. This will link your Facebook profile to our website or services. This link gives us access to your data stored on Facebook. Including especially your:
- Facebook name
- Facebook profile picture
- Facebook cover picture
- Email address provided to Facebook
- Facebook ID
- Facebook friends
- Facebook Likes
Leaving comments on this websiteIf you use the comment function on this site, the time at which you created the comment will be stored along with your comment, as well as your username, unless you are posting anonymously.Storage of the IP addressOur comment function stores the IP addresses of those users who post comments. Since we do not check comments on our site before they go live, we need this information to be able to pursue action for illegal or slanderous content.How long comments are storedThe comments and the associated data (e.g. IP address) are stored and remain on our website until the content commented upon has been completely deleted or the comments are required to be removed for legal reasons (slander, etc.).Legal basisThe comments are stored based on your consent per Art. 6 (1) (a) DSGVO. You may revoke your consent at any time with future effect. An informal email making this request is sufficient. The data processed before we receive your request may still be legally processed.
Processing of data (customer and contract data)We collect, process, and use personal data only insofar as it is necessary to establish, or modify legal relationships with us (master data). This is done based on Art. 6 (1) (b) DSGVO, which allows the processing of data to fulfill a contract or for measures preliminary to a contract. We collect, process and use your personal data when accessing our website (usage data) only to the extent required to enable you to access our service or to bill you for the same.Collected customer data shall be deleted after completion of the order or termination of the business relationship. Legal retention periods remain unaffected.
Data transferred when signing up for services and digital contentWe transmit personally identifiable data to third parties only to the extent required to fulfill the terms of your contract with us, for example, to banks entrusted to process your payments.Your data will not be transmitted for any other purpose unless you have given your express permission to do so. Your data will not be disclosed to third parties for advertising purposes without your express consent.The basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1) (b) DSGVO, which allows the processing of data to fulfill a contract or for measures preliminary to a contract.
4. Social media
Share content via plugins (Facebook, Google+1, Twitter, etc.)The content on our pages can be shared on other social networks like Facebook, Twitter, or Google+. This page uses the eRecht24 Safe Sharing Tool. This tool establishes direct contact between the networks and users only after users click on one of these buttons.This tool does not automatically transfer user data to the operators of these platforms. If users are logged into one or more of the social networks, the Like, +1, and Share buttons for Facebook, Google+1, Twitter, etc. will display an information window in which the user can edit the text before it is sent.Our users can share the content of this page on social networks without their providers creating profiles of users’ surfing behavior.
5. Analytics and advertising
Newsletter dataIf you would like to receive our newsletter, we require a valid email address as well as information that allows us to verify that you are the owner of the specified email address and that you agree to receive this newsletter. No additional data is collected or is only collected on a voluntary basis. We only use this data to send the requested information and do not pass it on to third parties.We will, therefore, process any data you enter onto the contact form only with your consent per Art. 6 (1) (a) DSGVO. You can revoke consent to the storage of your data and email address as well as their use for sending the newsletter at any time, e.g. through the “unsubscribe” link in the newsletter. The data processed before we receive your request may still be legally processed.The data provided when registering for the newsletter will be used to distribute the newsletter until you cancel your subscription when said data will be deleted. Data we have stored for other purposes (e.g. email addresses for the members area) remain unaffected.
7. Plugins and tools
YouTubeOur website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
Google MapsThis site uses the Google Maps map service via an API. It is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.To use Google Maps, it is necessary to save your IP address. This information is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this site has no influence on this data transfer.The use of Google Maps is in the interest of making our website appealing and to facilitate the location of places specified by us on the website. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of Google at https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
8. Payment service providers
PayPalOur website accepts payments via PayPal. The provider of this service is PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l & Cie, S.C.A. (22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg.If you select payment via PayPal, the payment data you provide will be supplied to PayPal based on Art. 6 (1) (a) (Consent) and Art. 6 (1) (b) DSGVO (Processing for contract purposes). You have the option to revoke your consent at any time with future effect. It does not affect the processing of data previously collected.
9. Data processing and useWe process the data of the customer for the following processes:
- Registration and Account Administration. We use the data to enable the contractor and the processor to register and administer the software.
- During the testing phase we send help or reminders. Basically, we also send information via e-mail or SMS about new events in your booking calendar.
- We use the information to provide you with customer service.
- We use the information to send you marketing material, to send the newsletter or to inform you about new products.
- Some products allow you to communicate with your guests. The processor always has access to this communication. We save all this communication.
- Guest data will be used to send automated messages if activated by the contractor. We never give customer information to third parties unless they are listed as subcontractors.
- Guest data is stored in the customer database to ensure the smooth running of booking, communication and payment transactions between the contractor and his customers.
- Booking periods, guest data and booking details are passed on to subcontractors for further processing, e.g. when creating registration forms.
10. SubcontractorsThe contractually agreed services or the partial services described below are carried out with the involvement of the following subcontractors. Before commissioning further or replacement of listed subcontractors, the processor informs the contractor, which cannot be denied without important data protection reason.Calendly – Scheduling appointments for calls – Calendly, 1315 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA, 30309, https://calendly.com/pages/dpaFacebook – Like-Button, Share-Button, Possibility of login, Caffamacherreihe 7,20355 Hamburg, https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanationGGS Management GmbH – Call Center Services, Ernst-Augustin Str. 12, 12489 Berlin, https://www.der-bueropartner.de/datenschutz.htmlGoDaddy – Domain Registrations and Hosting, Legal / Privacy, Hansestr. 79, 51149 Cologne, Germany, https://en.godaddy.com/agreements/showdoc.aspx?pageid=PRIVACYGoogle Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Dublin, https://cloud.google.com/security/gdpr/Hotjar – Conversion Rate Optimization – Hotjar Ltd, Level 2, St Julian’s Business Center,3, Elia Zammit Street, St Julian’s STJ 1000, Malta, Europe, https://www.hotjar.com/opt-outHundertserver GmbH – Server services, all locations in Europe. Wönnichstr. 68/70, 10317 BerlinMailchimp – Newsletter Services Mandrill Newsletter, Notifications Mailchimp by The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA Opt-Out in the Newsletter, https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/Microsoft – Internal Use of Microsoft Office and Skype Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399, USA https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatementPaypal – Payment Provider / Settler PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, 2449 Luxembourg https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/ua/privac y-full? locale.x = en_USSecu-Ring – Billing Services and Administration, Secu-Ring GmbH, Wönnichstr. 68/70, 10317 Berlin, https://secu-ring.de/home.htmlSlack – Internal Communications – London, Yalding House, 6th Floor, 152-156 Great Portland St, London, UK W1W 6AJ – https://slack.com
Data Policy valid till May 25,2018
(1) Your personal data, insofar as these are necessary for this contractual relationship (inventory data) in terms of its establishment, organization of content and modifications, are used exclusively for fulfilling the contract. For goods to be delivered, for instance, your name and address must be relayed to the supplier of the goods. (2) Without your explicit consent or a legal basis, your personal data are not passed on to third parties outside the scope of fulfilling this contract. After completion of the contract, your data are blocked against further use. After expiry of deadlines as per tax-related and commercial regulations, these data are deleted unless you have expressly consented to their further use.
Web analysis with Google Analytics
Social plug-ins from Facebook
According to the Federal Data Protection Act, you have a right to free-of-charge information about your stored data, and possibly entitlement to correction, blocking or deletion of such data. Inquiries can be directed to the following e-mail addresses: ([email protected] )How can I contact CIP Consultancy if I have any further questions? CIP Consultancy 43 Aspen Close Ealing, London W5 4YQTel: +44 (0) 777 0 300 616 Fax: +44 (0) 797 CIPKALO Email: [email protected]
Brief IntroductionGDPR – stands for General Data Protection Regulation, which will create stronger data protection laws within Europe, making the region the safest in terms of data protection worldwide.
The GDPR considers any data that can be used to identify an individual as personal data. It includes for the first time information such as:
Who needs to comply?EVERYONEThe regulation requires all public and private sector organisations, in fact anyone that holds personal data across the 28 EU member countries to comply with the regulation.Even after Brexit, UK organisations will still need to comply if they hold any personal data of EU citizens.The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires us to make changes to our existing policies regarding the processing of personal information about individuals. This includes information about you – our customers, whose data we are required to hold in accordance with our business practices under SSAIB’s Certification Schemes.
Personal data is information such as a name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth or bank account details which makes a person capable of being identified or identifiable. It is important that you as customers are notified that SSAIB (and any other third parties to whom we provide details) hold and process personal information about you.
How will this affect our customers?
Consumers will have more protection by GDPR and will be able to remain anonymous
Consumers will make it more difficult for businesses to track their behaviours and trends if they do not wish to share data
Individuals can exercise a ‘right to be forgotten’, a ‘right of data portability’, enhanced rights of access to their data and enhanced rights to demand the end of use of their data
They will also be able to SUE entities for compensation if they are distressed by acts of non-compliance